Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook High Sierra uses facebook ping notification noise for "Now Playing" so when I press the skip hotkey, it does the action on that single ping sound

Macbook 15" 2017

macOS High Sierra - 10.13.3

Macbook sees facebook notifications as media used for the "Now Playing" widget. So now, when I press the "skip" hotkey, instead of going to the next song in Spotify, it does nothing. When I press the "play/pause" hotkey, macOS just plays the notification noise instead of playing or pausing the song. Is there any way to have macOS ignore these types of media. They should be ignored, rather than considered as controllable media.

User uploaded file

Currently, the only way for me to fix this is to go to Spotify, click on the pause button, then "Now Playing" will switch back to Spotify, but whenever another message comes in and the notification ping goes off, "Now Playing" switches back to this media byte.

Anyone have any solutions?

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:48 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Macbook High Sierra uses facebook ping notification noise for "Now Playing" so when I press the skip hotkey, it does the action on that single ping sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.