Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery and High usage Issue

My iPad Pro is having battery issues. It reports usage times higher than my actual usage and the battery drains faster than it should, faster than it used to. I’ve attached a screen shot as an example.User uploaded file

my usage in the last 24 hours has not been 5 hours yet it reports 5 hours. The iPad will lose 3-5% overnight. Something is keeping the iPad awake more than normal but it’s not an app showing up in the usage stats and it’s not keeping it awake the entire time. It’s also losing more charge than normal while I’m using it. This started after iOS 11 update a few months ago. This is a work device and iOS 11 was only recently approved. I reset all content, then restored in iTunes., then restored again. I ran with no third party apps installed and nothing fixed it. Sometimes the iPad will be at 10% battery left after only 6-7 hours usage time, of which I have barely even used it!

Heres the truly ridiculous part. After all these measures, my work wireless rep took the iPad to the Apple store and they swapped out the iPad. This behavior persists on a new iPad. Could it be something about being signed into my iCloud account? I’ve read a few reports online about this. I changed my iCloud password but that didn’t seem to work.i keep wanting to test without being signed into iCloud but it’s kind of hard to go through a day without being signed into iCloud. I will test this soon though.

Sometimes I can convince myself nothing is wrong but that’s just not true. I don’t use the iPad anymore than I used to and I could go 2-3 days without a charge. Now I have to charge everyday, sometimes even having to top off during the day. It’s ridiculous.

Any advice on things to look for or try?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 3:52 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Battery and High usage Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.