Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone can't finish sync, but I can backup and upload photos

Our iPhone 6+ can't finish sync, but it can finish a backup and download photos.

I support all our family's iPhones on my iTunes. I can take care of all but one, an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 11.2.6. I connect to an iMac (2017, 27in, MacOS 10.13.3). I use iTunes 12.7.3. I have tried methods recommended in this forum including power both on/off, reset, restore, sync over wifi/no sync over wifi, change cables, and transferring all purchases. iTunes goes through the various sync stages and then gets stuck on the "waiting for sync" last step. Then the window pops up with failed to finish sync.

The biggest impact means that no photos from our shared Photos files are loaded on the iPhone 6+. Why can I backup and download Photos, but can't sync iTunes? What other actions can I take?

S/ OB94

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 8:09 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 6, 2018 7:02 PM in response to OB94

Hello OB94,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking about your iTunes sync. I am happy to look at this with you.

I recommend verifying all the steps are followed as described in this help article: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB

Another thing that may have an affect on sync is third party security. Please check this help article: Resolve issues between iTunes and third-party security software

If you still have issues, the first article provided links to more help and states:

Get help

Thanks and have a wonderful evening.

iPhone can't finish sync, but I can backup and upload photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.