Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i no longer want to use icloud, how do i restore all my photos back onto my iphone?

I don’t want my photos to save in iCloud and I want my old pics restored back to my phone.

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 8:55 AM

If you are using iCloud Photo Library, your photos would be both on your phone and on iCloud. Any photo you delete is deleted from both places. If you had the Optimize iPhone Storage option turned on, the photos on your phone may be smaller optimized versions. If that option is on, change it to "Download and Keep Originals" in Settings > iCloud > Photos before turning off iCloud Photo Library. More information in the following:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you were not using iCloud Photo Library but do have an iCloud backup from a time when the photos were on your phone, you can restore the backup. Note that it will replace all of the data on your phone (not just photos) with the data from the time of the backup. See: iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 8:55 AM in response to Terrancefromcantonment

If you are using iCloud Photo Library, your photos would be both on your phone and on iCloud. Any photo you delete is deleted from both places. If you had the Optimize iPhone Storage option turned on, the photos on your phone may be smaller optimized versions. If that option is on, change it to "Download and Keep Originals" in Settings > iCloud > Photos before turning off iCloud Photo Library. More information in the following:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you were not using iCloud Photo Library but do have an iCloud backup from a time when the photos were on your phone, you can restore the backup. Note that it will replace all of the data on your phone (not just photos) with the data from the time of the backup. See: iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

if i no longer want to use icloud, how do i restore all my photos back onto my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.