Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos for Mac slideshows

I am trying to create a saved slideshow from an album, but my carefully sequenced selection of photos is completed mixed up when I click the Create button. I went into projects,created an empty slideshow, and made a fresh selection using the Add button, but the chronological order was again jumbled up. How can this be overcome? This problem did not occur when I created previous slideshows, and I suspect it may be something to do with a recent update of Photos For Mac. I'm minded to try creating the slideshow in the iMovie app, but fear I'll get the same problem.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 12:19 PM

Try the following:

• Select the album with the arranged photos in the sidebar (the album, not the photos in the album). Then ctrl-click or right-click the album and select "Create >Slideshow" from the contextual menu.
  • User uploaded file

This seems to be working better own Photos 3.0 on High Sierra than the the main menu command "File > Create > Slideshow".

Which version of Photos and MacOS X are you using?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 12:19 PM in response to rodericmitchell1

Try the following:

• Select the album with the arranged photos in the sidebar (the album, not the photos in the album). Then ctrl-click or right-click the album and select "Create >Slideshow" from the contextual menu.
  • User uploaded file

This seems to be working better own Photos 3.0 on High Sierra than the the main menu command "File > Create > Slideshow".

Which version of Photos and MacOS X are you using?

Photos for Mac slideshows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.