Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glitch in saved photos

Hi Community,

For a while now I've been struggling with a annoying, yet seemingly random problem I encounter with the Photos app on my Mac.

After importing photo's from my digital camera to my hard drive and editting them with Photos, sometimes a visible glitch appears in the saved photo. The glitch will be visible when I view the photo file in Finder and when exporting to other places. When I go back into the editing screen in Photos, the glitch seems to disappear, only to reapper when I save the newly made changes. I've tried reformatting my SD-card and using another one, but that doesn't seem to fix te problem. It's also not always occuring; some pictures I edit save just fine.

Does anyone have any tips for me? What could this be? I save my photos to iCloud, could there be a problem there?

Photos: Version 3.0 (3251.12.190)

MacBook Pro (late 2011), Intel Core i7, 2,7 GHz OS High Sierra 10.13.03

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 11:23 AM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2018 11:57 AM in response to marleenfromhaarlem

How are you editing the photos: with Photos or an external editor? Are you editing RAW files or JPEGs? If RAW from which camera?

How are you getting the edited version out of Photos to the Desktop?

Just so you're aware, using the iCloud Photo Library is not a backup of the library on your Mac. iCPL is a syncing service and any addition or deletion from your library will be duplicated on the iCPL and any other device using it.

User uploaded file

Mar 5, 2018 12:12 AM in response to Old Toad

Hi Old Toad, thanks for your reply!

I edit the photos with Photos, the files are JPG. I usually leave the photos in the Photo Library and if I want to upload them to for example Facebook I upload them using the Photos-tab in Finder, not a saved file I have on my desktop.

I did not know that about iCPL, thanks for mentioning that!

Glitch in saved photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.