Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music - content is not authorised

Hi there

I canceled my subscription for the apple music and it ended yesterday, the 3rd of March. Today I was listening to my music on my library for quite a while, then suddenly it just stoped. I closed the App and also switched off my phone, but when I wanted to play a song, the error message Content is not Authorised came on the screen.

Can someone please explain why I cannot listen to my music I already paid for? I don’t want to reset all my settibgs, because then ny other settings on my phone will also be reset.

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 12:34 PM

Well if you're trying to listen to music that you downloaded with your Apple Music subscription, then you're going to be blocked. If you download music with your Apple Music account, you CANNOT listen to it after you cancel your subscription.

3 replies

Mar 4, 2018 12:42 PM in response to zfJames

Thank you very much. That seems quite unfair, since I paid for those songs and now, since I cannot download songs anymore, I can’t even listen to the songs I already paid for. I know it’s not your fault, I am just pointing it out that I geel you should at least be able to still listen to the music you did download. I appreciate your help, thank you very much.

Mar 4, 2018 12:48 PM in response to vickyfromroodepoort

Yeah... Well, that's the thing with a subscription service like that. I wish it was different, but it wouldn't be cost-effective since anyone could just do the three month free trial, download all the music they could ever want, and then cancel their subscription and be set for life. I've never subscribed to Apple Music for that exact reason—my money could be better spent buying albums off of the iTunes Store that I will (hopefully) own as long as I use iTunes.

Music - content is not authorised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.