Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading photos

I have had endless frustration: 1. moving photos from my iphone 5s to my mac laptop, and deleting photos from icloud. I wish to download 1 photo from the phone, edit it, and send it via email. iCloud claims if I backup my 2018 photos from the phone, I will exceed my iCloud budget. I wish to 1.Download whole groups of photos to my computer (NOT 1 at a time!!!!). Then, I wish to DELETE the photos that I downloaded, FROM ICloud!!! I thought the MAC platform was supposed to be "User-Friendly".

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:35 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 4:52 PM in response to Pamela Veenstra

Hi Pamela Veenstra,

It sounds like you are using iCloud to access photos taken with your iPhone from your MacBook Pro, but you want to delete photos from iCloud after getting them on your Mac. I'm happy to provide some help for this.

If you are using iCloud Photo Library to manage your photos, deleting a photo in one location deletes it from iCloud and all devices that are using iCloud Photo Library:

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

How do I delete photos and videos from a device using iCloud Photo Library?

If you want to remove photos and videos from all your iOS devices, your Mac, and iCloud.com, you can delete them in the Photos app.

When you delete a photo or video from your Photos app, it also deletes from your iCloud Photo Library and iCloud storage. You can recover your photos and videos from the Recently Deleted album for 30 days.

It sounds like you may benefit more from using My Photo Stream, which would allow you to access recent photos taken with your iPhone and delete them from your iCloud storage after they are saved. You can find out more in the article below:
How to use My Photo Stream - Apple Support
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

downloading photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.