Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Doesn't Work After Update

After the latest update, my watch shows that it is connected to my phone, but it doesn't receive any notifications, calls, weather, etc. Can't contact Apple Support because I don't have their Apple Care... NOT HAPPY!

Apple Watch, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 6:00 PM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2018 6:09 PM in response to lisafromsaucier

Hello lisafromsaucier,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after updating your Apple Watch you're no longer receiving notifications, calls, and other content. I can surely see how this could be upsetting. You've come to the right place. I'm happy to help.

First, I recommend following the steps below to pair the devices again:

Try to connect your Apple Watch and iPhone again

1. Keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together to make sure that they're in range.
  2. On your iPhone, make sure that Airplane Mode is off and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. To check, swipe up to open Control Center.
    User uploaded file
  3. If you see User uploaded file on your watch face, Airplane Mode is on. Swipe up to open Control Center, then turn Airplane Mode off.
  4. Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.
If your Apple Watch isn‘t connected or paired with your iPhone

If the issue persists, follow the steps in the link above to unpair your devices and then pair them again.

Let us know the results.

Have a wonderful day!

Watch Doesn't Work After Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.