Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does anyone know how I can extract data from my phone.

My Phone has frozen on the white screen with the apple logo on it. When I plugged my phone into iTunes I was prompted to either update the phone or restore the phone. I clicked update and was sent immediately to restore it. I have never used iCloud for photos, and never backed my phone up to any third party apps or my iTunes account. My issue with restoring is that I will lose all my photos.

Is there any way I can extract data, like my photos, from my phone before restoring it?

thanks!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 4:44 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 4, 2018 4:47 PM in response to jakesta57

No there isn't. Once the phone is disabled, there is no recovering the data. The fact that you have not backed up the phone or imported photos to the computer or iCloud at any time would make it seem they are not important data to you. The only way for you to get the phone back into a usable state, you need to restore it, which will wipe all of the data. From there, take the time to backup the phone on a regular basis, and import photos to the computer and/or iCloud for safe keeping. Especially if you take some important photos. Do it is as soon as possible.

Mar 4, 2018 4:49 PM in response to jakesta57

If the phone is stuck with an Apple logo it is too late to get data off it. The time to have a backup strategy is before you need it. Once the phone is disabled it is too late. So there's a 99% probability that there is no recoverable data on the phone. A data recovery service may be able to help, but it will cost much more than the phone cost, and they won't guarantee success.

does anyone know how I can extract data from my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.