Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer purchases to new phone.

I recently bought some music and books but they won’t transfer to my new phone. I’m just receiving this message when I try to open them. I only have one Apple ID. What do I need to do to fix this? Very frustrating!

<Image Edited by Host to Personal Information>

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 8:06 PM

Was that phone just associated with another Apple ID recently? If it was then as it says you have to wait 90 days before associating with a new ID.

View and remove your associated devices in iTunes - http://support.apple.com/HT204074 - What this is saying is for certain actions such as turning on Match, Apple Music, Family Sharing, automatic downloads, or re-downloading of past purchases there is a 90 day waiting period between associating [using] a computer or mobile device with a new Apple ID . There is no wait for making new purchases.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 8:06 PM in response to stepharch60

Was that phone just associated with another Apple ID recently? If it was then as it says you have to wait 90 days before associating with a new ID.

View and remove your associated devices in iTunes - http://support.apple.com/HT204074 - What this is saying is for certain actions such as turning on Match, Apple Music, Family Sharing, automatic downloads, or re-downloading of past purchases there is a 90 day waiting period between associating [using] a computer or mobile device with a new Apple ID . There is no wait for making new purchases.

Transfer purchases to new phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.