Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get HDR to my iphone 6 plus

I am so much disappointed that my iphone 5s has much better camera rather than my 6 plus and it is because that my 5s has HDR and my 6 plus doesn't have that. how can I have that to my 6 plus to make camera like my 5s

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 5:52 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 5:59 PM in response to gregine

Hello gregine,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone and HDR. It is possible you have this setting disabled. This article has information to help: iPhone User Guide - Camera HDR

HDR (high dynamic range) helps you get great shots in high-contrast situations. iPhone takes three photos in rapid succession at different exposures—and blends them together. The resulting photo has better detail in the bright and midtone areas.

By default, iPhone uses HDR (for the rear camera and front-facing camera) when it’s most effective. For best results, keep iPhone steady and avoid subject motion.

Keep only the HDR version. Go to Settings > Camera, then turn off Keep Normal Photo (by default, both the normal and HDR versions of the photo appear in Photos). In your albums, HDR versions of photos are marked with “HDR” in the corner.

Turn off Auto HDR.

• iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus: Go to Settings > Camera, then turn off Auto HDR. (If Auto HDR is turned off in Settings and you want to make sure HDR is turned on for a particular shot, tap HDR at the top of the Camera screen, then tap On.)

• Other models: Tap HDR at the top of the screen, then tap Off

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

how to get HDR to my iphone 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.