Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can anyone use my lost ipad

Lost my ipad. Password locked, find my ipad was off. Can anyone use it?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.2.1, ipad air2n

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:42 PM

Most likely no. Not unless they successfully guess your passcode to get into the device.

If you are worried you should still change email passwords and any other logins that could be on that device. But the security of the data on the device is directly related to the security of the passcode/password you used to get into it.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 7:42 PM in response to yvettefromtrini

Most likely no. Not unless they successfully guess your passcode to get into the device.

If you are worried you should still change email passwords and any other logins that could be on that device. But the security of the data on the device is directly related to the security of the passcode/password you used to get into it.

Mar 4, 2018 7:37 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I would guess either way, go into damage control mode and change passwords, etc and consider anything on there compromised. But I’ve always understood that, as you said, a device has to be removed from iCloud to be wiped, and you can use iCloud without Find My on so....like you said, 50/50. IF they can guess the password/passcode they coudl get into it, but if anything iCloud was on then an clean wipe to resale is unlikely.

can anyone use my lost ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.