Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I check easily if a photo is duplicated in the 'all photos' folder

How can I check easily if a photo has been duplicated in the 'all photos' section?

iMac, iOS 10.2, Sierra

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:40 PM

How can I check easily if a photo has been duplicated in the 'all photos' section?

For one specific photo or for any photos?

If you want to know, if a specific photo is a duplicate, type the filename into the search field.You will see all photos with the same filename, even if the date and time are different, because you may have imported the photos at differnet times.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 2:40 PM in response to mafimushkela

For one specific photo or for any photos?

If you want to know, if a specific photo is a duplicate, type the filename into the search field.You will see all photos with the same filename, even if the date and time are different, because you may have imported the photos at differnet times.

How can I check easily if a photo is duplicated in the 'all photos' folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.