Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find duplicate photos

How do I find and eliminate duplicate photos when using Photo?

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 2:37 PM

If you're seeing the duplicates from within the library then the following will help:

You want an app that will identify the potential duplicates, put them in an album or mark them with a keyword for easy retrieval and deletion by you. You don't want one that does the deletion itself for obvious reasons.

I've run tests on the following apps with these results::

PhotoSweeper - $9.99 - Demo version available.

PowerPhotos - $29.95

PowerPhotos is the iPhoto Library Manager version for Photos and is very powerful. Although more expensive I would recommend it as it has more capabilities than the others like the capability to merge Photos libraries or copy photos along with their metadata between libraries.

PhotoSweeper compares bitmaps and/or histograms so it can detect duplicate images even if they have different sizes, file names, sizes and capture dates.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2019 2:37 PM in response to brooks3

If you're seeing the duplicates from within the library then the following will help:

You want an app that will identify the potential duplicates, put them in an album or mark them with a keyword for easy retrieval and deletion by you. You don't want one that does the deletion itself for obvious reasons.

I've run tests on the following apps with these results::

PhotoSweeper - $9.99 - Demo version available.

PowerPhotos - $29.95

PowerPhotos is the iPhoto Library Manager version for Photos and is very powerful. Although more expensive I would recommend it as it has more capabilities than the others like the capability to merge Photos libraries or copy photos along with their metadata between libraries.

PhotoSweeper compares bitmaps and/or histograms so it can detect duplicate images even if they have different sizes, file names, sizes and capture dates.

How do I find duplicate photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.