Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to find an iPhone when in airplane mode? i have apple watch does the ping feature work while the phone is in airplane mode?

Is there a way to find iPhone while in airplane mode? Will the ping feature on apple watch work while the phone is in airplane mode?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 8:57 AM

Hello cashmo9879,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you want to find your iPhone, but apparently the iPhone is in Airplane Mode. The only way for the Find My iPhone to locate, ping, message or interact with the missing iPhone is if the iPhone has an internet connection. So if the iPhone is in Airplane Mode, you will not be able to find or play a sound to the missing iPhone. If you send a command to the iPhone to play a sound, place it in Lost Mode those commands will not be acted on until the iPhone has an internet connection. The following support article will provide you with additional information about Find My iPhone.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen

Best regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 8:57 AM in response to cashmo9879

Hello cashmo9879,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you want to find your iPhone, but apparently the iPhone is in Airplane Mode. The only way for the Find My iPhone to locate, ping, message or interact with the missing iPhone is if the iPhone has an internet connection. So if the iPhone is in Airplane Mode, you will not be able to find or play a sound to the missing iPhone. If you send a command to the iPhone to play a sound, place it in Lost Mode those commands will not be acted on until the iPhone has an internet connection. The following support article will provide you with additional information about Find My iPhone.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen

Best regards.

is there a way to find an iPhone when in airplane mode? i have apple watch does the ping feature work while the phone is in airplane mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.