Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync contacts on an iPhone 6 Plus -- existing answers don't work

Existing answers are 5 years old and say settings -> Mail,Contacts,Calendars .... but I have no such item. I have the three of them individually, and they don't look like the videos I see. Where are there instructions that actually apply to this phone?

Related issues:

I'm here because I noticed the account listed most often for contacts is my wife's, not mine, and I need to fix that so I get my gmail contacts in the phone.

Details:

Settings -> contacts -> import SIM Contacts

lists

iCloud

Gmail

my wife's gmail account

a gmail account i manage for a social group

And I don't see how to add my own account to this list.

Settings -> contacts -> Default Account -> Gmail

shows the same list, and I don't see how to change from my wife's account to my own

On the other hand,

Settings -> contacts -> My Info shows all of the contacts I'm used to, but they no longer show up in contacts when I'm making phone calls. But when I try to call using this list, it want's my wife's password. I know it, but this is just wrong.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.2.6, null

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 11:58 AM

Hello 4dummies,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want to see your contacts on your iPhone instead of your wife's contacts. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. If the contacts are from an internet account, you would need to add the account to the iPhone. Once the account is added, in Settings, if you go to Accounts & Password, above the three settings you mentioned earlier, you can select your account and there will be settings you can toggle on or off like contacts. If you don't want to see other peoples contacts, you would choose their account and toggle contacts off in their account settings.

Set up an email account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 11:58 AM in response to 4dummies

Hello 4dummies,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want to see your contacts on your iPhone instead of your wife's contacts. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. If the contacts are from an internet account, you would need to add the account to the iPhone. Once the account is added, in Settings, if you go to Accounts & Password, above the three settings you mentioned earlier, you can select your account and there will be settings you can toggle on or off like contacts. If you don't want to see other peoples contacts, you would choose their account and toggle contacts off in their account settings.

Set up an email account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

How do I sync contacts on an iPhone 6 Plus -- existing answers don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.