Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email delay iOS11

Recently I received a newer iphone and my emails are taking a long time to show up. I have a couple gmail and outlook accounts. I get notifications on my app for certain things then an hour or two the emails show up. What would cause this?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 3:14 PM

Check your Fetch settings for these accounts (Settings/ Accounts & Passwords/ Fetch New Data/ [fetch frequency]). Since this is a new device the setting could have changed. Note that "Automatically" only fetches while on power and Wi-Fi (so, essentially "Manually" when not on power/Wi-Fi). I set my fetch frequency to "Every 15 minutes" but that will use more battery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 3:14 PM in response to darenH123

Check your Fetch settings for these accounts (Settings/ Accounts & Passwords/ Fetch New Data/ [fetch frequency]). Since this is a new device the setting could have changed. Note that "Automatically" only fetches while on power and Wi-Fi (so, essentially "Manually" when not on power/Wi-Fi). I set my fetch frequency to "Every 15 minutes" but that will use more battery.

email delay iOS11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.