Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari slow after proxy change

I currently reside in China, where the internet is censored. I have to use a proxy in order to get on sites like google etc, but also I oftentimes visit Chinese sites, which loads faster with my proxy off. Since then I've noticed a problem with Safari: say I have my proxy off, and I searched for something on google. The page won't load, so normally I would turn on my proxy and refresh the page, expecting it to load. The problem is that, Safari seems to have a "lag period". The webpage won't load for a minute or so, whereas if I open Chrome I'm able to get on google quick and easy. I'm pretty tired of switching between Chrome and Safari now. Since my primary browser of choice is Safari, I do hope that there's some kind of workaround or by any means this issue be addressed. If someone would be kind enough to point the way, I'll be very thankful.

Sincerly,

Richard

P.S. My Safari is at 11.0.3, but this problem seems to be present on earlier versions also.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Safari 11.0.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 5:54 PM

There are no replies.

Safari slow after proxy change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.