Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blocked plug-ins.

MacOS High Sierra 2.7Ghtz 8gb memory,

I have attempted to unblock plug-ins but my Safari-Preferences-Security tab doesn't have a plug-in button.

The website I am wanting to open has a black screen, blocked plug-in tab but takes me no where. Please advise what I can do.

iMac

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 10:48 PM

Safari 11?

Plug-ins is moved to Websites pane of Safari preferences.

Safari > Preferences > Websites > Plug-ins

User uploaded file

For details: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/websites-preferences-ibrwe2159f50/mac

2 replies

Mar 6, 2018 8:21 AM in response to catherinefromvictoria point

Safari plug-ins - unblock

Try restarting Safari with the shift key held down. Try going to Safari/Preferences/Websites and uncheck all Plug-ins. Quit and reopen Safari. If Safari works normally, recheck them one at a time until you find the problem. Quit and reopen Safari after checking each one.

If the above doesn't work, go to your hard drive level Library/Internet Plug-ins and move them to the Desktop. Restart Safari. If that works, copy the Desktop files back one at a time until you find the problem.

If still no luck, make your user Library visible and repeat the above. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library/Internet Plug-ins.

blocked plug-ins.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.