Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music won't let me create a station, only plays 2 songs

Hello! My Apple Music has been fine up until now. I have an IPhone 6s, and an apple music subscription. I was listening to an artist I like, and decided to try and make a station from this artist. I have made stations before no problem, but this time I attempted to make one, and it started playing like normal, but after 2 songs it stopped for a moment, and then just started playing my library. It also didn't actually create the station in the radio tab either. I tried again with another artist, same problem. Any ideas how to fix this? Or is it just something wrong on my end? Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 1:34 AM

I have this issue too, and have tried the steps helpfully suggested by Brenden below.

I have the issue on all of my devices (HomePod, Apple Watch and iPhone X) so think its something to do with Apple Music, possibly?

Did you find anything that worked?

10 replies

Mar 6, 2018 7:46 AM in response to bryantcolony

Good morning bryantcolony,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are no longer able to create a station from an artist that you are listening to. The Music app reverts back to your library after a couple of songs play and the station is not showing in the radio tab. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to address this issue. They are progressive, so please test after each step to see if the issue is resolved before trying the next one.
1. Update to the most current version of iOS - Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
2. Force quit the Music app and then restart your iPhone:
How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
3. Create a radio station and test to see if the Music app continues to play the station after three or four songs.
Listen to Radio in Apple Music
4. If the issue persists, open the Settings app, tap Music and turn off Show Apple Music. Then turn the feature back on.
5. If the issue persists, sign out of the iTunes & App Store and then remove and restore the Music App
Please note - signing out of the iTunes & App store will remove any songs you downloaded to your iPhone from
Apple Music.
Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store. Tap to select your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch
6. Sign back in to the iTunes & App Store - Sign in with your Apple ID
7. Try creating a radio station with a different artist to test.
Bryan, please reply back to this thread and let us know which of these steps resolved your issue, or if you need additional help.
Take care.

Apr 3, 2018 2:07 AM in response to gmgarry

There are 2 tabs down your iphone :

+ Radio : there, there should be your lasts created/listened radio(s), as it should works...

+ « the heart (for you) » Tab : there are recommanded stuffs, but also "last listened radio"...

For both, i dunno why sometimes it wont create the radio :

I phoned apple support (France), she said because i not used/subscribbed Apple Music since long time, it must learn my likes etc...

But dunno why sometimes it not create the radio. :-s

It should be in radio tab !

Edit: i add already selected "bubbles" artists/style i like when i created my apple music account... and selected some new bubbles lastly on settings apple music...

Apple music won't let me create a station, only plays 2 songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.