Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

creating stations

Why do the stations I create in Apple Music either only play the artist and nothing else or play a variety of "similar" artists and music?? I can't figure out how to change this or how I created this in the first place.

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 7:06 AM

If you search an artist and tap the play button in the artist image, then it will create a station with only songs from that artist. It will show in Recently Played with a 70% size square album cover with a thick border and the word ‘radio’ in it.

If you tap “” (more) and select Create Station, then you will create a different kind of station, of “similar” bands (including the selected artist). It will show with a circular artist image in a square in Recently Played.

You can also create a station based on a song, which will result in different playlist yet again.

Listen to Radio in Apple Music - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2019 7:06 AM in response to jason dailey1

If you search an artist and tap the play button in the artist image, then it will create a station with only songs from that artist. It will show in Recently Played with a 70% size square album cover with a thick border and the word ‘radio’ in it.

If you tap “” (more) and select Create Station, then you will create a different kind of station, of “similar” bands (including the selected artist). It will show with a circular artist image in a square in Recently Played.

You can also create a station based on a song, which will result in different playlist yet again.

Listen to Radio in Apple Music - Apple Support

creating stations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.