Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Radio station created from multiple artists

I searched the forums and the internet and can't figure out how to create a custom radio station from multiple artists or genres. Does Apple Music not have this capability? I am doing the three month trial and trying to decide on moving from Amazon music to Apple.

I also noticed a radio station that is my name plus "favorites". But I can't tell how that got created or what the feed is.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 1:21 PM

Hello amg1957 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are trying to create a custom station based on multiple criteria. At this time, that is not possible using the Music app. You can create them based on a specific artist or song, but not using multiple criteria.

As far at the "favorites" station goes this is a system-generated station that's based on the songs you have marked as "Loved" as well as overall listening history. (i.e., if you listen to a song many times, it may show up in that station even if you have not marked it as "Loved.")

At this time, the way to customize a station is to tap the More icon (...) while a song is playing and choose either the Loved option or the Suggest Less Like This option. Over time, the station will adjust based on those choices.

If you would like to leave feedback for Apple about that, you can do so here: Feedback - Apple Music - Apple Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 1:21 PM in response to amg1957

Hello amg1957 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are trying to create a custom station based on multiple criteria. At this time, that is not possible using the Music app. You can create them based on a specific artist or song, but not using multiple criteria.

As far at the "favorites" station goes this is a system-generated station that's based on the songs you have marked as "Loved" as well as overall listening history. (i.e., if you listen to a song many times, it may show up in that station even if you have not marked it as "Loved.")

At this time, the way to customize a station is to tap the More icon (...) while a song is playing and choose either the Loved option or the Suggest Less Like This option. Over time, the station will adjust based on those choices.

If you would like to leave feedback for Apple about that, you can do so here: Feedback - Apple Music - Apple Cheers.

Apr 10, 2020 12:55 PM in response to amg1957

Hi amg1957.

It's not just the songs you have marked as "Loved." Like you, I also have a very wide range of music marked as "Loved." But If I have been listening, for example, to a bunch of jazz and electronic tango recently, the Favorites station seems to push those genres to the top of the list. The best way to make this station more "you" is to wait until songs that are not classic rock come up and then to mark those with Play More Like this or you can tell Siri to "play more songs like this."

Cheers.

Radio station created from multiple artists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.