Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist for internet radio stations in Music

How do I create a playlist for an internet radio station?

I followed the directions in Music Help to search for the station (e.g. WBJC). The station logo appears & I can listen to it. However, contrary to what the Help says, no playlist named Internet Radio automatically appears in my playlists, & I have not been able to manually create a playlist that will play WBJC when I click on it. This forces me to go thru the search process every time I want to listen - very annoying.

As a side note, I have a playlist called Favorite Radio Stations that was imported from iTunes with 3 stations on it: WETA, WTOP, & WBJC. The first 2 play when I click on them, WBJC does not. Any suggestions?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 12:27 PM

Start in the Songs view and use the menu option View > Show Filter Field, then type Internet in the box that pops up. You should find the Internet stations you've recently accessed are listed, Although Music might not make the stated playlist automatically you can make one of your own and drag the stations to it.

tt2

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 12:27 PM in response to BWhitman

Start in the Songs view and use the menu option View > Show Filter Field, then type Internet in the box that pops up. You should find the Internet stations you've recently accessed are listed, Although Music might not make the stated playlist automatically you can make one of your own and drag the stations to it.

tt2

Mar 24, 2020 12:38 PM in response to BWhitman

Hello BWhitman,

I understand that you're trying to create a playlist for your internet radio stations but the attempts you've made to create one haven't worked and you end up having to search for your favorite stations. I am happy to help.

Have you tried all the steps in the article below for creating a playlist?

Create a playlist in iTunes on Mac

Let me know how it goes after following the steps in the article.

Have a great day!

Mar 24, 2020 2:11 PM in response to Leanne_68

No, I'm sorry, it doesn't. That seems to work with everything but Internet Radio, or a least I haven't been able to make it work for Internet Radio. (Incidentally, I am using Catalina, not Mojave which is in the link you sent, but I don't think that makes a difference). I have attached a screenshot from the Help section relating to getting Internet Radio. I have used the steps in "Tune in to internet stations" and "Connect to an internet broadcast" & both work as advertised - I get the radio station. However I cannot drag the station icon to a playlist (I would like to have one for each station so that playing the station is a one-click operation). Also, Help says that the station is added to a playlist called "Internet Songs" (see box at bottom), but that is not true - no such playlist is created.

Apr 3, 2020 2:54 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks, that enabled me to make the playlist I needed - now I can play a radio station on the computer & on speakers in another room using Airplay & have the sound synchronized. I believe that part of the difficulty I was having may have been related to the fact that two of the stations changed streaming service providers during the time I was trying to get this to work. I had to find the URL to the station's live stream & use the Open Stream URL function to initially connect to the station, then add it to the playlist. Interestingly enough, one of the three stations I added showed up in an Internet Songs playlist as indicated in Music Help, but the others didn't.

BTW, if you are a machine & not a person, you passed the Turing test

Playlist for internet radio stations in Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.