Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t view my friends activity

I’ve added my friend onto my activity but can’t view anything she does. We have both deleted and re-added but still nothing. She can see my activity now but I still see nothing for her. I hope this makes sense. Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 6:06 PM

5 replies

Mar 9, 2018 6:00 PM in response to harmonyleo

Hello harmonyleo,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you're unable to view your friend's activity on your Apple Watch, but they're able to view yours. I can see how this could be a bit confusing. I am happy to help.

First, make sure your Apple Watch software is up to date. Also, try restarting your Apple Watch. Restarting resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Update your Apple Watch

How to restart your Apple Watch

Below are two great resources with helpful information about sharing activity:
Share your activity - Apple Watch User Guide

Share your Activity with your Apple Watch​

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Mar 22, 2018 12:29 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks Alex_h1

I’ve updated my software, I’ve restarted my watch and phone. Nothing! All I get is ‘- - % and - -/- - cal’.

I have managed to see her stats when I remove her as a friend and she accepts my request again. And then the next day it’s nothing again.

Very frustrating as we exercise together and a bit of rivalry is good for motivation!

May 7, 2018 1:22 AM in response to Twiinkleyes

Exactly the same thing happens for me. We bought my dad an Apple Watch to help motivate him and every time we add him the following day we get nothing and he can’t see our activity either! Seriously annoying this glitch needs to be fixed, I feel like we’ve tried everything! Deleted friends, added again over many days and it’s the same thing. Watches have been reset, un paired and re paired - getting annoyed now. Glad We’re not the one ones this is happening to!!

Can’t view my friends activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.