Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Increase in Data Usage

Very recently, I have had a huge surge in data usage. The increase has been abnormal compared to previous cycles over the past few years. It seems that it is almost the past 3 weeks that it has been an issue. Even when I have been on WiFi, there have been times that I have been "using" data. On my Verizon app, it says it is coming from Web, which isn't super helpful or specific.

Any tips / ideas / thoughts? Help!

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 7:47 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 6, 2018 12:53 PM in response to Slafa

Hi, Slafa.

It appears that the amount of cellular/mobile data being used by your iPhone 7 has increased more than usual. The Verizon application states it's it's coming from the web, but doesn't provide any other information. I'm happy to help.

Check the cellular data usage on your iPhone and iPad -- Turn off cellular data usage on applications you use infrequently. Also, see which apps are using the most data following the steps below:

View how much data you're using

User uploaded file

To see how much cellular data that you've used, go to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Data. If you're using an iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data instead.

To see how much cellular data an app is using, scroll down to find the app. If you don't want an app to use cellular data, you can turn it off for that app. When cellular data is off, apps use Wi-Fi for data.

To see the cellular data usage for individual System Services, go to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Data. Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap System Services. Cellular data can't be turned on or off for individual System Services.

Depending on your carrier, you may see overall cellular data usage displayed on this screen. If you don’t have this option, or have questions about your data usage, contact your carrier.

Take care!

Increase in Data Usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.