Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unblock a blocked plug-in in safari?

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 12:25 AM

Safari > Preferences > Websites > Plug-ins

Enable it.

User uploaded file

For details: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/websites-preferences-ibrwe2159f50/mac

4 replies

Mar 6, 2018 8:14 AM in response to fromlockleys

Safari plug-ins - unblock

Try restarting Safari with the shift key held down. Try going to Safari/Preferences/Websites and uncheck all Plug-ins. Quit and reopen Safari. If Safari works normally, recheck them one at a time until you find the problem. Quit and reopen Safari after checking each one.

If the above doesn't work, go to your hard drive level Library/Internet Plug-ins and move them to the Desktop. Restart Safari. If that works, copy the Desktop files back one at a time until you find the problem.

If still no luck, make your user Library visible and repeat the above. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library/Internet Plug-ins.

Mar 7, 2018 8:15 PM in response to Eric Root

Tried all but your last suggestion. No luck. Not confident enough in attempting to deal with that last one...The website that giving me grief functions as it should. However, when I double click on one of its links to a pdf document I get this blocked plug-in message in a new tab.

I rarely get to access pdf documents from this website so I'll simply call and ask for a hard copy to be sent by snail mail.

Thanks for trying to help...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.