Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset Mail's Predictive Filing

This is an old problem--anyone have any ideas? I've not had a single response...

High Sierra. My Mail "Move to.." prediction seems to be stuck to default filing in one folder. I wonder if there's anything I can do to reset this logic so that Mail.app starts re-learning and gets better in offering the correct folder I want to drop an email into.

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 7:22 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2018 8:29 AM in response to yalK

You can move or copy messages between mail boxes or folders.

Move messages: Drag one or more messages to a mailbox in the favourites bar or the mail side bar. You can also Control-click a message, choose Move To, then choose a mailbox (or use the touch bar).Based on your history of moving messages in Mail, the likely target mailbox can be predicted for a selected message (macOS Sierra 10.12.1 or later). For example, if you move messages from a certain person to a Travel mailbox, the command Move to “Travel” is available for other messages from that person. If a mailbox can’t be predicted, Message > Move to Predicted Mailbox is dimmed.

Reset Mail's Predictive Filing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.