Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 6 Plus battery drain so quick with no apps open it can die within 1 half to two hours??? Very annoying only done this since last update??? Please help

Why does my iPhone 6 Plus battery die so quick with no apps open? Goes from 100% to 15 % or off in less than 2 hours???? Very confusing please help

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 11:01 AM

Go to Settings > Battery and see what's using the most power. Make adjustments as necessary.

Your battery may be aging past its useful life. Apple is offering replacement batteries for your phone for $29. You might want to invest in a new battery. This link will help you: iPhone Battery & Power - Official Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 11:01 AM in response to Samcheese

Go to Settings > Battery and see what's using the most power. Make adjustments as necessary.

Your battery may be aging past its useful life. Apple is offering replacement batteries for your phone for $29. You might want to invest in a new battery. This link will help you: iPhone Battery & Power - Official Apple Support

Mar 6, 2018 11:40 AM in response to Rocketboy31415

To check battery health using a Mac:

1. Plug iPhone into Mac.

2. Open up console by going to finder>applications>utilities>Console

3. On the left hand side in the devices list press on your iPhone.

4. Then in the search bar type battery the press enter and type health then enter and you should see something called SpringBoard (BatteryCenter).

5. Click on that and then find battery health.

Here is a picture:

User uploaded file

Mar 22, 2018 4:53 AM in response to magoojodi

Did you bother to read the rest of this post before posting your theories and rant?

Yes, Apple has admitted to slowing down and targetting the CPU in iPhone 6/6S/6S Plus models, primarily, because they were worried about older, degrading, underperforming batteries, but the side effect of this is some other older iPhones (SE) and iPhone 7 models were affected, too.

So, Apple has offered a fix.

A brand new battery for $29 U.S.D..

If your iPhone 6 battery is close to being two years old, it is very posible that the battery maybe degrading and underperforming.

Make an appointment or go to your “local” Apple Store to have your iPhone 6 battery replacec and most of your iPhone 6 woes will go away.

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power

Rechargeable Li-ion batteries DO NOT last forever.

Especially the smaller batteries in iPhones and iPod Touches.

Good Luck to You!

Mar 22, 2018 2:30 AM in response to Samcheese

I too am experiencing this also. Usually, I can reset to get the original battery life back. It's ridiculous. I have the first iphone and the 4 and 5 and their batteries are doing great because I do not upgrade them. I have heard rumours that apple are doing this on purpose so you need to upgrade to the newest phone. I think Samsung are looking very good at the moment.

Thanks.

Why does my iPhone 6 Plus battery drain so quick with no apps open it can die within 1 half to two hours??? Very annoying only done this since last update??? Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.