Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Camera issue - No Video

I am using Mac book pro with MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3. Recently I have been having issues with FaceTime. Whenever I start my FaceTime, I get the following message

No Video

FaceTime has not received any video from the connected camera. Restarting your computer may fix this issue.

However, restarting the computer does not fix the issue.

Apps like Photo Booth, skype which uses camera also is not working.

Please help resolve this.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 10:47 PM

2 replies

Mar 7, 2018 11:14 AM in response to KR_0015

Greetings, KR_0015.

It appears that you're unable to use FaceTime to make video calls on your MacBook Pro. Great job on the troubleshooting steps you've used and I'm happy to help.

Get help with FaceTime on your Mac -- There's one troubleshooting steps that you didn't mention. If you have other cameras or microphones connected, see step 4 below:

If your camera or microphone doesn’t work

1. Choose FaceTime > Quit FaceTime from the menu bar. Then open FaceTime again.
  2. Choose Apple User uploaded file menu > Restart, then click Restart in the alert message that appears.
  3. Close FaceTime. Then see if your camera works in another application. For example, click User uploaded file, in the upper-right corner of your screen, to search your apps, then enter Photo Booth.
  4. If you have multiple cameras or microphones connected to your Mac, open FaceTime and choose Video in the menu bar. Then make sure that you selected the camera and microphone that you want to use with FaceTime.

Apple - Support - Product Selection -- If the issue persists, it's time to contact Apple Support. Apple Support will be able to troubleshoot this issue further with you and they supply you with all of your service options if needed.
Take care!

Facetime Camera issue - No Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.