Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get grease off iPad screen?

I had my iPad in the kitchen while I was cooking and there was a lot of grease in the air even with the vent on and now my screen is very oily. I've gone over it several times with a dry microcloth and also with a slightly damp cotton cloth followed by the microcloth. Still oily. What else can I do?

iPad 2, iOS 9.1

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 7:58 AM

Take your microfiber cloth and soak it in warm to hot water with a good quality dish soap, then wring out the cloth leaving some soapy-ness and a little bit water left in the cloth and go over the screen again.

Be careful not to get any water near the Home button.

Then try using another dry microfiber cloth and wipe the screen dry.

Repeat if there is still some greasy residue still on the screen.

Good Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2018 7:58 AM in response to SABCA

Take your microfiber cloth and soak it in warm to hot water with a good quality dish soap, then wring out the cloth leaving some soapy-ness and a little bit water left in the cloth and go over the screen again.

Be careful not to get any water near the Home button.

Then try using another dry microfiber cloth and wipe the screen dry.

Repeat if there is still some greasy residue still on the screen.

Good Luck to You!

How do I get grease off iPad screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.