Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice recording while playing music

I switched to android a few years back and recently switched back to Apple when I got my iPhone X. I used to be able to play a song off of Spotify or Apple Music and record using the mic using the default voice recording app or another app from the App Store. I use this method to practice guitar and sing to backing tracks while recording to get feedback for myself. This method doesn't seem to work anymore, as all other audio cuts out when the mic is on to record. If I'm connected to my car's bluetooth I notice that my car detects recording like I'm making a phone call, making me think that their mic is unable to be used overlapping with other apps.

I was pretty excited to switch back but this is a big issue for me, does anyone know of a solution?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 11:26 PM

Yes need something more specific. I Need to be able to voice record (with voice memo or any app) while I am listening to music with my ear buds. Therefore the playing sounds shouldn’t interfere with the voice recording except for maybe the background music from the earbuds.

Similar questions

1 reply

Voice recording while playing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.