📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iPhone to show LTE instead of 4G

I have an iPhone 6s and I want my phone to Display LTE but instead displays 4G ??? I know they are different but im getting LTE speeds with my Carrier at over 80mbps download and 50 mbps upload Ive tried changing iPhone language from U.K English to U.S English but nothing changes 😟

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6, 16GB Rose Gold

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 3:07 PM

13 replies

Mar 8, 2018 3:11 PM in response to Applethebest1

4G and LTE are basically one and the same, but Apple lists them in the instruction manual to iOS as different, so we will treat them as different here.

And it confuses alot of people. I get LTE on my provider, because it says LTE. I know I'll get raked over the coals for this one but some Android devices (won't say which ones) have a 4G icon for both LTE and H+ connections.

Confusing?

Mar 9, 2018 6:24 AM in response to Driver8666

Driver8666 wrote:

On my iPhone it's cut and dry:

3G for 3G, HSPA and HSPA+ (and whatever else is in that family)

LTE for LTE and LTE+ (but shows up as "LTE")

I do agree with you on your 4G definition. With regards and respect to the OP it's why I treated it different.

I was just agreeing with you that it was confusing. The problem is there is no "legal" definition of what constitutes "4G". There are those who argue that LTE doesn't meet the definition as it was originally released. The definition has been rewritten at least once.

How do I get iPhone to show LTE instead of 4G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.