Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I disconnect my iPad from my iPhone?

I want to dissconect them so that I can listen to my Beats connected to my phone. At the same time I would like my iPad to be connected to a speaker in another room, playing music simultaneously. The speaker is to play lullaby music for babies during nap time. The music playing in both instances is from Apple Music.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 10:12 PM

Sounds like your devices are sharing the same individual Apple Music account, which is limited to streaming to one device at a time.

Could you consider buying a few lullabies from the iTunes Store to play for the babies instead of streaming them from Apple Music?

3 replies

Mar 13, 2018 5:31 AM in response to markwmsn

Both the speaker & my Beats are connected by Bluetooth. My Beats are the second thing that I connect. They work for a few minutes, but then I get a message that says music has been detected playing on another device & the music stops playing on whatever device I have, (either my iPad or iPhone, whichever one I choose to take with me). It also says that if I want to continue playing music to hit ok. I do this, but it cuts the music off from the speaker. So in other words, I have to choose which device I want to play music from.

How can I disconnect my iPad from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.