Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing some of the synced music from my new I Pod

How do I remove some of the music that synced to my I Pod when I connected it? I only want some of the music stored in my I Tunes library and it all loaded.

iPod touch, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 1:47 PM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2018 4:00 AM in response to jedpie

If you have selected Sync only ticked songs and videos, then simply un-tick the relevant songs in your iTunes Library and then connect the iPod so it can Sync (synchronise) with the Library.

User uploaded file

Be aware that turning off the tick in your Library will mean that the song does not get played in your Library unless you specifically select it. If that is inconvenient for you, the other option is to Sync selected playlists, artists, albums and genres.

By using Sync selected playlists, artists, albums and genres you have more sophisticated control over what to add to your iPod:

User uploaded file

In the screenshot above:

1. Select Settings/Music
  2. Tick Sync Music (which should already be chosen)
  3. Select Sync selected playlists, artists, albums and genres
  4. These option boxes (4.) will now appear, as well as additional ones below the ones you can see here. From these panels, you can choose what to Sync. (When changing these options, you will probably need to click on the Sync button {bottom right corner} as the sync-on-connect process will have finished before you get to this point.)

Removing some of the synced music from my new I Pod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.