Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think I have been scammed.

Back in February I received a pop up that my computer had been infected with a virus. I was surprised because I didn't think Apple computers could get infected. This is my first apple computer. My husband and 2 college kids have apple computers. They never had issue with a virus.

Anyway, I paid Dusti Solutions to clean up my computer. The amount paid was $199.99. I've had to call the several times after the initial maintenance because I was still having issues. It was very frustrating process. Then I get a call on Tuesday, March 6 saying their systems have crashed and they no longer can honor the maintenance contract and they will give me a credit. Something is not right. First of all, I don't understand why they have to access my computer through team viewer to give me a refund. I talked to someone yesterday. I also, talked to someone today. I finally asked if you giving me a refund why do you need to access my computer. The person then said he will call me back. He will have his supervisor call me back.

Has anyone heard of Dusti Solutions?

Thanks,

Priscilla

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 2:21 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 9, 2018 2:24 PM in response to pbatiste@1968

Unfortunately, yes you have been scammed. Any such popup message will always be a scam. If you have previously permitted the criminals to access your computer, you should consider it compromised and immediately restore it using a backup that pre-dates the intrusion. If you divulged financial info to the criminals, contact your bank for steps to deal with the fraud. By no means should you call them back, as they will try to extort more money from you.

I think I have been scammed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.