Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: wireless keyboard and mouse won't connect to my Mac

Hi

I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro Retina running the very latest version of mac os high sierra 10.13.3

I have two problems.

1) My mac does not see the wireless keyboard at all yet all my other apple products, phone 6s+ and iPad see it and connect with it easily. My keyboard serial no is DG7222551F8QDPQYAR and the switch on button is at the opposite end of the screw cap. Batteries are brand new and charged as is evidenced by the fact it can be seen and connected to other apple devices.

2) My magic mouse 1 is not visible by any of my apple products mentioned above and its serial number is CC2240729MVDFFGAM

Things I have tried are

a) I have tried the SMC and NVRAM reboots

b) deleted and cleaned out the com.apple bluetooth plist (apologies if I called it the wrong file type)

c) switched on and off and held down the keyboard on key so that it blinks twice while shutting down and restarting the mac, and had the mouse blinking twice while doing the same etc.

I believe I have covered most help articles listed here so please forgive if I have missed one which helps fix this problem.

Other things to know which may or may not make a difference are the keyboard and the mouse have both been paired in the past with this laptop since purchase in late 2012 through the various software such as mavericks lion etc.

They both stopped connecting to the mac about about 2/3 years ago.

If I switch on my windows 10 desktop it can find connect and unpair with both products easily.

Thanks in advance for your help

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 11, 2018 10:05 PM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

Hi

The mouse is A1296.

The keyboard is A1314.

The Mac only runs apple software. I do not run any windows software on my mac which includes things like office or outlook.

My windows PC is separate machine and I only included this information to show that the keyboard and mouse are visible on bluetooth but for some reason not findable by the mac.

Mar 11, 2018 10:05 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 6:27 PM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

Even though the keyboard and mouse where once paired with the mac many years ago, for reasons unknown to me the keyboard and mouse no longer show as being paired to the mac, so I cannot delete the pairing between them and the mac.

They do not even exist as far as my mac is concerned. I am trying to find them to pair them with the mac.

It seems crazy to me that other my apple products can see the keyboard but not the mouse and that a separate windows 10 can see both straight away. It leads me to believe that it is something to do with the mac or its settings but I am at a loss as to what.

Mar 12, 2018 6:27 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 6:44 PM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

Blue tooth and mouse set up assistant are both on all the time as is allow bluetooth devices to wake up the mac. I have done the steps you have mentioned multiple times and it does not see the keyboard or the mouse.

Under about this mac there is no keyboard or mouse found only the iPhone 6s+

Mar 12, 2018 6:44 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 7:01 PM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

No I dont recall exactly when the mac stopped finding them and as per my original post they have not been connecting for about two/three years now. I have tried to get them to work in the past but gave up in frustration. I hoped the updates to high sierra would get them to work again and the other day I had the spare time to try but obviously no luck.

Mar 12, 2018 7:01 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 8:47 PM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

I tried to do this (two times in case I made the error selecting the first time) but each time the only option given after selecting to download the original osx from internet recovery was was to reinstall macOS high sierra. I failed to see the point in proceeding further with it so did not reinstall high sierra.

Mar 12, 2018 8:47 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jmmj

Question: wireless keyboard and mouse won't connect to my Mac