Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kinect V1 + Ableton (Sierra) - MacbookPro 2010

Hello,

I am trying to get a Kinect V1 to work with Ableton live on my MacbookPro mid 2010 running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6, and this has been very difficult so far!

1)Tried Synapse (Doesn't work with Sierra!), same goes for Ni-Mate (which gets installed but doesn't even start).

2)Tried Processing (Managed to get a signal which proved that the laptop detects the Kinect). But then I tried KMIDIC to connect it to Ableton and failed with a problem that says: A library relies on native code that's not available. Or only works properly when the sketch is run as a 32-bit application.

3)Tried to go through Max for live, but I'm failing to install OpenNI through using Terminal and getting the following message:

ls: /Users/apple/Desktop/for: No such file or directory

ls: 2/./Lib/*: No such file or directory

ls: processing/kinect/OpenNI-Bin-Dev-MacOSX-v1.5.7.10: No such file or directory

apples-MacBook-Pro-3:OpenNI-Bin-Dev-MacOSX-v1.5.7.10 2 apple$

I would really appreciate some guidance on how to get the Kinect to work and send signals to Ableton live, and I'm not a programmer...

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 7:22 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 10, 2018 7:49 AM in response to Eric Root

I can use Ableton on Sierra normally, and I managed to detect the kinect through Processing. The problem lies with connecting them together...

I tried following this: Kinect on OS X 10.8 and Processing | Cy-View and reached the step that requires installing OpenNi and couldn't find "OpenNI SDK v1.5.4.0” for MacOSX" and managed to download "OpenNI-Bin-Dev-MacOSX-v1.5.7.10 2" but when I try to run the command "sudo ./install.sh" I get:

ls: /Users/apple/Desktop/for: No such file or directory

ls: 2/./Lib/*: No such file or directory

ls: processing/kinect/OpenNI-Bin-Dev-MacOSX-v1.5.7.10: No such file or directory

apples-MacBook-Pro-3:OpenNI-Bin-Dev-MacOSX-v1.5.7.10 2 apple$

Any ideas?

Kinect V1 + Ableton (Sierra) - MacbookPro 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.