Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos Remain Greyed Out after restoral

My Voice Memos remain Greyed Out after restoring iPhone X from a back up to iCloud from another iPhone which contained Voice Memos. I cannot find any way to refresh or do anything to the greyed out Voice Memos and would like them to be available on the iPhone X. Can anyone help?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), safari me to disable exensions

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 2:13 PM

Hi Birdiefan,

It looks like you've restored your iPhone from an iCloud backup, but your voice memos are grey and you're unable to play them. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

First, check out the information provided for this in the article below:

If iCloud Backup couldn’t be completed or you can’t restore - Apple Support

If the restore process takes a long time to finish

Stay connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network and a functional power source until the process finishes. The time it takes to restore from a backup depends on the size of your backup and the speed of your Wi-Fi network.

If a message says that your restore is incomplete or some items won't restore

These messages mean that you disconnected from Wi-Fi during the restore process or that some of your apps or content couldn't be restored. Here are some possible causes and what you can do about each:

• If a message says something like, "Restoring 350 of 1200 items," then your photos are probably still being restored. Keep your device connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network and a power outlet so that the process can finish.
  • If you see a grayed-out app or one that takes a long time to load, make sure that you're connected to a Wi-Fi network. Next, tap the app to pause the process, then tap it again to continue. If this doesn’t fix the issue, delete and redownload the app.
  • When your backup contains purchases that were made from more than one Apple ID, a messages asks you to sign in with multiple Apple IDs. If you can’t remember a password or didn't purchase an app using your own Apple ID account, you might see this message:
    "Some apps or content can’t be restored, because they are no longer available in the iTunes or App Store, were purchased with a different account, or were synced from your computer." If you have this content saved in iTunes on your Mac or PC, try syncing your device with your computer to restore your content.

I recommend that you leave your device connected to Wi-Fi until you've verified that the restore has completed.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2018 2:13 PM in response to Birdiefan

Hi Birdiefan,

It looks like you've restored your iPhone from an iCloud backup, but your voice memos are grey and you're unable to play them. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

First, check out the information provided for this in the article below:

If iCloud Backup couldn’t be completed or you can’t restore - Apple Support

If the restore process takes a long time to finish

Stay connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network and a functional power source until the process finishes. The time it takes to restore from a backup depends on the size of your backup and the speed of your Wi-Fi network.

If a message says that your restore is incomplete or some items won't restore

These messages mean that you disconnected from Wi-Fi during the restore process or that some of your apps or content couldn't be restored. Here are some possible causes and what you can do about each:

• If a message says something like, "Restoring 350 of 1200 items," then your photos are probably still being restored. Keep your device connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network and a power outlet so that the process can finish.
  • If you see a grayed-out app or one that takes a long time to load, make sure that you're connected to a Wi-Fi network. Next, tap the app to pause the process, then tap it again to continue. If this doesn’t fix the issue, delete and redownload the app.
  • When your backup contains purchases that were made from more than one Apple ID, a messages asks you to sign in with multiple Apple IDs. If you can’t remember a password or didn't purchase an app using your own Apple ID account, you might see this message:
    "Some apps or content can’t be restored, because they are no longer available in the iTunes or App Store, were purchased with a different account, or were synced from your computer." If you have this content saved in iTunes on your Mac or PC, try syncing your device with your computer to restore your content.

I recommend that you leave your device connected to Wi-Fi until you've verified that the restore has completed.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Voice Memos Remain Greyed Out after restoral

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.