Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i select only some pictures from my iphone to upload on icloud?

Now, i bought new plan on icloud because i don't have enough space. I want to select what pictures are uploaded on my icloud and the rest i want to stay in iphone's memory.

Or i can delete only from the icloud? Now if i delete from icloud, it deleted from iphone too.

Thank you!

iOS 11.2.6, null

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 9:06 AM

iCloud Photo Library syncs all photos on the device to iCloud. There is no option to select only some photos and there is no option to delete a photo from iCloud and have it remain on the device. There is an optimize storage option to potentially reduce the storage space used on the phone. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you purchased more iCloud storage, are you still having a space issue on iCloud? Or are you hoping to eliminate the requirement to continue paying for the storage? If you are looking for a cloud storage alternative for photos you may want to investigate Google Photos.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2018 9:06 AM in response to Adi98

iCloud Photo Library syncs all photos on the device to iCloud. There is no option to select only some photos and there is no option to delete a photo from iCloud and have it remain on the device. There is an optimize storage option to potentially reduce the storage space used on the phone. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you purchased more iCloud storage, are you still having a space issue on iCloud? Or are you hoping to eliminate the requirement to continue paying for the storage? If you are looking for a cloud storage alternative for photos you may want to investigate Google Photos.

Mar 11, 2018 7:17 AM in response to FoxFifth

I want to go back on free plan icloud, because i don't use icloud so much, i want to keep them on my iphone and backup in one cloud until i download them into pc, but i want to stay in phone too. I have only the iphone, i don't have what i sync with others apple products for now.

I will use Google Photos for now.

Thank you so much.

Can i select only some pictures from my iphone to upload on icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.