Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix Activation Error

So I am with my iphone6s (still in ios10) with a full memory storage. It starts to be lagging since this morning, and I forced a restart. It entered the activation mode right after the restart. When I tried to connect with my Wi-Fi to get it activates, it keeps show that the Wi-Fi password is incorrect (even though it is 100% correct). Tried a couples of network but still shows "Incorrect password" which causing me to stuck at the activation mode the whole day. Secondly, I even tried to connect iphone with iTunes but unfortunately iTunes shows up a message "ITunes could not connect to this IPhone, an unknown error occurred (0xE8000015)" . SOS! How should I fix this issue? Please help! Thanks.

iPhone 6s, activation error

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 10:00 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 11, 2018 11:58 AM in response to jamiexueyi

Hi jamiexueyi,

I understand that your iPhone rebooted, and is now trying to activate. It seems that you're unable to activate it directly on the device due to an issue connecting to your Wi-Fi, and iTunes doesn't see your iPhone. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend going through each of the troubleshooting steps in the two articles below. The first one is for general activation issues, and the second one is for the error you get when you connect it to iTunes:

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support
If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

How to fix Activation Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.