Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Cursor Jumping on 2017 macbook pro touchbar 13"

I have a 2017 touch bar pro, and when I type, randomly, the cursor will end up in some other place. I’m guessing it has something to do with the massive trackpad. Sometimes the cursor just jumps and I’ll be typing in some other sentence, sometimes it highlights entire areas of text, and I’ll type over those and have to undo if I catch it in time. I haven’t seen anything online about this issue, but everyone I know who has this model complains about the same problem. I’ve already taken it in, and Apple replaced the entire key and trackpad set up, saying it was possibly dust under the keyboard, but that’s not the fix. It started right out of the box. Anyone know of this problem and a potential fix? I’ve changed some of the haptic feedback settings, also played with accessibility, but... still nothing.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 10, 2018 3:51 PM in response to Kappy In response to Kappy

Thank you, Kappy. It is so unfortunate that this is a common issue plaguing so many users with no fix. We also have a 2017 Air that has none of these issues, and none of the macbooks i've owned over the years, or OS's have presented such this problem. If you hear of any fix, I'd greatly appreciate any direction you may know of.

Mar 10, 2018 3:51 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 11:12 AM in response to psyline In response to psyline

Yes, I agree it would be a good feature to have. You can make a suggestion to Apple at Feedback - Apple Support. Meanwhile, you have the option of taking it to your local Apple retailer to ask them if the feature can be enabled and how it would be done. It was a software feature; it was a part of the OS in the past.

Mar 11, 2018 11:12 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: psyline

Question: Cursor Jumping on 2017 macbook pro touchbar 13"