Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) Trackpad Issue

Hi everyone,

I've recently been having an issue with my Macbook's built in trackpad. A few days ago, seemingly randomly, it started glitching. At times it will be completely unresponsive, sometimes the cursor will move but only when you avoid the centre of the trackpad, sometimes it will work fine and sometimes it will work, but be jumpy and laggy.

I've booted in safemode as well as turning off Wi-Fi and bluetooth to see if it's some software thats causing this or if there is interference of another kind and the issue persists. I'm able to move a cursor perfectly fine when a USB mouse is plugged in. I also had not updated to the latest OS at the time and did so thinking this would resolve my problem but it didn't make a difference.

At the time this started happening my Macbook was sat on my desk, I haven't dropped it/knocked it and there was no liquid spilled on to it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or does anyone know how to resolve it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 9:04 PM

It seems like you may have a failing Trackpad. Sometimes a swelling battery can also cause Trackpad issues. No matter the cause you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider repair the laptop.

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) Trackpad Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.