Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have restored iPad 2x and each time the camera, FaceTime, safari, and AppStore apps are not there. And after doing cloud backup, each app, when done, disappears. I’ve checked restrictions and they are off. Any ideas on what’s going on?

IPad Mini 2

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 6:57 PM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2018 4:57 PM in response to gaf222

Hi gaf222,

Thanks for posting your question in the Apple Support Community. I understand that when restoring your iPad from a backup, your apps are disappearing even though you don't have any restrictions turned on.

Since this is happening after restoring a backup, there's likely something corrupt within your backup file. In order to confirm that this is indeed what's happening, I recommend to make a backup of your data, then restore the iPad and set it up as a new device, without restoring your backup. This will let you know if the application issue is part of your backup. You can find the steps for backing up your data and restoring as a new device below.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud
Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

If the apps remain in place after restoring as new, then you'll want to restore your data without restoring your backup. You can Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store . You can also go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud and turn on any individual data points that you want to sync like your contacts and notes. Photos can be synced back to your device either via syncing with iTunes or through iCloud Photo Library if you have that enabled. The article regarding archiving your data also goes over information about iCloud Photo Library.

Let me know how these steps work out for you.

Take care.

Have restored iPad 2x and each time the camera, FaceTime, safari, and AppStore apps are not there. And after doing cloud backup, each app, when done, disappears. I’ve checked restrictions and they are off. Any ideas on what’s going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.