Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this email really from Apple?

I’ve been using my fingerprint for App store. It was only about 2 days ago that Appstore asked for my password. I’ve already forgotten it and have no record of it anywhere so I just reset my password via iphone, which also reflected when I turned on my macbook. I have not encountered any login errors since then but earlier today I received an email from “Apple.” (Please note the dot after the name). I looked back at the previous Apple emails and it never contained the dot. Plus, one or two sentences seem a little off, like something wrong with the sentence construction or grammar. So this is a little dubious to me. Is it really from Apple???

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 7:17 AM

No. Not Apple.

A genuine message from Apple will always address you by your name or the name they know you by … and come from an address that ends @apple.com. Never respond to a mail that does not meet both of the conditions above or indeed, that you feel suspicious about.

Send a copy of the email (as an attachment) to Apple at …. Reportphishing@apple.com

By the way, I asked the hosts to remove your email address. It is unwise to publish such info.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2018 7:17 AM in response to smileytulip_jeh

No. Not Apple.

A genuine message from Apple will always address you by your name or the name they know you by … and come from an address that ends @apple.com. Never respond to a mail that does not meet both of the conditions above or indeed, that you feel suspicious about.

Send a copy of the email (as an attachment) to Apple at …. Reportphishing@apple.com

By the way, I asked the hosts to remove your email address. It is unwise to publish such info.

Is this email really from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.