Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Is this email really from Apple?

I’ve been using my fingerprint for App store. It was only about 2 days ago that Appstore asked for my password. I’ve already forgotten it and have no record of it anywhere so I just reset my password via iphone, which also reflected when I turned on my macbook. I have not encountered any login errors since then but earlier today I received an email from “Apple.” (Please note the dot after the name). I looked back at the previous Apple emails and it never contained the dot. Plus, one or two sentences seem a little off, like something wrong with the sentence construction or grammar. So this is a little dubious to me. Is it really from Apple???

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

No. Not Apple.

A genuine message from Apple will always address you by your name or the name they know you by … and come from an address that ends @apple.com. Never respond to a mail that does not meet both of the conditions above or indeed, that you feel suspicious about.

Send a copy of the email (as an attachment) to Apple at …. Reportphishing@apple.com

By the way, I asked the hosts to remove your email address. It is unwise to publish such info.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 11, 2018 7:17 AM in response to smileytulip_jeh In response to smileytulip_jeh

No. Not Apple.

A genuine message from Apple will always address you by your name or the name they know you by … and come from an address that ends @apple.com. Never respond to a mail that does not meet both of the conditions above or indeed, that you feel suspicious about.

Send a copy of the email (as an attachment) to Apple at …. Reportphishing@apple.com

By the way, I asked the hosts to remove your email address. It is unwise to publish such info.

Mar 11, 2018 7:17 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 11, 2018 7:31 AM in response to seventy one In response to seventy one

Thanks for your reply..and also for the image report. Honestly, I forgot that the photo I attached contained personal information. I’m usually careful in posting things like that but I guess I got a little bit stressed by the email I received. Good day to you!

Mar 11, 2018 7:31 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: smileytulip_jeh

Question: Is this email really from Apple?