Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone tell me if this email is from Apple?

Just received the email below. Panicked a bit and changed my icloud password immediately. I have had similar emails when I have logged into new browsers in the past. But then after I calmed down I noticed the FROM address. It does not seem to be Apple. Is this email legit? Anything else I should do besides change my icloud PW? Thanks in advance.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 13" Early 2015 MBP Retina

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 2:04 PM

No. The reply-to address is not from Apple, and even though the link appears correct, ghe underlying url it direct you to may not be.

Also no reason for Apple to include a unsubscribe message from a notification like that.

Report it to Apple at reportphishing@apple.com

See here for more details: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2018 2:04 PM in response to Scottadel

No. The reply-to address is not from Apple, and even though the link appears correct, ghe underlying url it direct you to may not be.

Also no reason for Apple to include a unsubscribe message from a notification like that.

Report it to Apple at reportphishing@apple.com

See here for more details: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Oct 9, 2018 1:55 PM in response to Scottadel

It's a scam - the link they give you is likely to a scam site even though it looks like the Apple URL. Don't respond to it in any way. Changing your password probably wasn't necessary but will do no harm. Real emails from Apple will always come from the apple.com domain and will address you by name. You can send this as an email attachment to reportphishing@apple.com for their information.

Can someone tell me if this email is from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.