Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Garage Band Download all available sounds

When I downloaded Essential Sounds, there was a small progress window showing me how much had downloaded and how much was left.

Then I selected Download All Available Sounds, and nothing appeared to happen. Was the thing downloading? Who knew?? All I could see was the Choose a Project window. I double-checked the GarageBand->Sound Library menu, and all options were now greyed out. Zero feedback from the app.

Just now I stumbled onto something. If I click the Open an Existing Project... button, I can briefly glimpse the progress window for my Essential Sounds download. Just for a moment before the open file dialog opens, appearing to replace the progress window. (No matter where I drag the open file dialog in hopes of uncovering the progress window, it is nowhere to be found. Ditto going to Mission Control.) If I open a project, no progress window. If I click Done without selecting one, the progress window again reappears, oh-so-briefly, before being replaced by the stupid Choose a Project window. So the only way I can see what's happening is to periodically

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

leighpoth wrote:

I checked but can't see anything like that anywhere on the screen.

since the menuItems are disabled, it seems like the D/L hasn't completed.

have you by any chance tried quitting and restarting GB? if the D/L is stuck, for some reason, relaunching GB should cause it to attempt to restart/complete the D/L

oh, and definitely only D/L on one machine at a time so that each has the full bandwidth your service provides

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 12:23 AM in response to leighpoth In response to leighpoth

it's been a number of years since we D/Led the content on the machines here, but IIRC there is a thin blue line at the bottom of the LCD display which is the progressBar during the D/Ls

Mar 12, 2018 12:23 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 11, 2018 10:30 AM in response to leighpoth In response to leighpoth

And sorry, just to add to this, we have been trying to download these for several days now and also have the same issue on 2 different `MacBook Pro's.....

Mar 11, 2018 10:30 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 12, 2018 12:25 AM in response to leighpoth In response to leighpoth

leighpoth wrote:

I checked but can't see anything like that anywhere on the screen.

since the menuItems are disabled, it seems like the D/L hasn't completed.

have you by any chance tried quitting and restarting GB? if the D/L is stuck, for some reason, relaunching GB should cause it to attempt to restart/complete the D/L

oh, and definitely only D/L on one machine at a time so that each has the full bandwidth your service provides

Mar 12, 2018 12:25 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 12, 2018 12:25 AM in response to HangTime In response to HangTime

Hi HangTime

After a reboot and a restart (which I had previously done), the message regarding the download came up. It also mentioned the blue progress line and i realised i was looking in the wrong place. I have now found it and can monitor the progress - we are nearly there with the download. Thanks.

Leigh

Mar 12, 2018 12:25 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 12:27 AM in response to HangTime In response to HangTime

Thanks HangTime

After the restart we had some action. Also, i have 2 wireless networks setup through Time Machine. I noticed that one of them was running slow when web browsing so switched and the download worked and came through fast.

We are good to go now, thanks for the help

Leigh

Mar 12, 2018 12:27 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: leighpoth

Question: Garage Band Download all available sounds