Related Article

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Trying to add family member to Family Sharing and create child account with parental controls. Adding Family Member is not an option when selecting Family Sharing

Trying to create a child apple ID with parental control and then add new family member to our family sharing. I don't get the option of "Add new family member" when I open settings, select name, family sharing. It goes straight to options of adding services to be shared.

Current instructions are not sufficient in allowing me to create and add a child apple ID to allow sharing on our mini ipad.

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Yes

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 11, 2018 11:38 AM in response to King_Penguin In response to King_Penguin

Yes I’m the account holder. We purchased an iPad mini and upgraded our other child to iPhone last year. Both devices are linked to same Apple ID, which we set up in store under our family plan. Want to add an Apple ID associated with iPad mini but with parental controls.

Mar 11, 2018 11:38 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: OSUgirl6

Question: Trying to add family member to Family Sharing and create child account with parental controls. Adding Family Member is not an option when selecting Family Sharing