Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Pro (10.5-inch) loses its internet connection

My iPad Pro (10.5-inch) loses its internet connection on a regular basis, around every 40 minutes or so - although sometimes this frequency can be as little as 5 minutes.

I state that it loses its internet connection, as usually the wi-fi signal still shows. However, when I go to the wi-fi settings page, the IP address is completely out of the range I usually use. It is usually in the range 192.168.1.X, whereas it will show as 192.253.68.X (or similar). I had this experience start after around 6 months of ownership, and 3 months ago changed wi-fi routers to the Google Mesh system, and still experience the same issue.

NO OTHER DEVICE on my network experiences this issue, and I have many devices, including many Apple & non-Apple devices. Interestingly, if I search Google for this issue, there are a few other Apple Communities issues with the same issue, all closed, but without resolution.

The only ways of re-establishing the connection is to reboot or switch the wi-fi connections off (either in wi-fi settings or entering airplane mode). Once turning back on, the wi-fi connection is re-established, and an internet connection appears.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 2:23 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

My iPad Pro (10.5-inch) loses its internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.