Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to re-enable safari from restrictions?

Both my kids iPads have had Safari disabled for some time. I want to enable them, but under the restrictions section of settings, Safari is greyed out. I tried to enable all restrictions, but that did not work either. I tried to reset the iPad but that did not work either. This has occurred on both my kids iPads

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 11, 2018 3:26 PM in response to matheisfromowensboro In response to matheisfromowensboro

Hmmm... That's a bit weird. Are you sure you didn't give them a configuration profile as well (see if you have one under Settings>General; it will be an option if you do have one)? Try disabling all restrictions (temporarily, of course!). Does that give you back Safari?

Mar 11, 2018 3:26 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 3:48 PM in response to matheisfromowensboro In response to matheisfromowensboro

Then you probably don't have a configuration profile. If you have removed restrictions from the device and still can't see it, try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout to make sure that Safari isn't just buried on some app folder on your iPad.

Mar 11, 2018 3:48 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 3:54 PM in response to zfJames In response to zfJames

Reseting the home screen did not work. Spot light search does not find safari. The restrictions are turned off. I have tried turning them off and on several times. If they are not turning off completely (though they appear they are) how would I know? What could I do about it? I am beginning to think my only choice is to Reset Network Settings? Any other ideas?

BTW, Thanks for your help so far.

Mar 11, 2018 3:54 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 4:01 PM in response to matheisfromowensboro In response to matheisfromowensboro

Well, you have a stubborn issue. Resetting network settings wouldn't do anything beyond resetting all of the saved Wi-Fi passwords (and stuff like that) that you've got on your iPad. I would talk to Apple Support at this point (and make sure that you tell them the sort of thing that you've mentioned to me): Get started

No problem! 🙂 I'm just sorry that I can't seem to troubleshoot your issue! :/

Mar 11, 2018 4:01 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: matheisfromowensboro

Question: How to re-enable safari from restrictions?